To University of Maryland Faculty and Staff:
We are really excited that you have expressed interest in Terp Thon! We hope you take the time to explore our cause and that you will consider joining our Terp Thon family by signing up to participate!
How to become involved
- We have created a specific team for faculty and staff which can be found by going to www.helpmakemiracles.org/team/facultystaff
- There is no minimum for faculty and staff to attend our event in March, but we encourage you to raise as much possible For The Kids!
- For those faculty and staff members who would like to help our cause but can not attend the event in March, there is an option to be a "spirit dancer" which is simply someone who fundraises and participates throughout the year, but during our event in March they are only there in spirit.
What do faculty and staff do at the dance marathon in March?
- During the 12 hour dance marathon we are planning on having a specific hour dedicated to our faculty and staff. During this hour there will be numerous opportunities including participating in games and interacting with the student dancers.
- There will also be the option for all faculty to speak with the parents of our Miracle Children
Why should a faculty or staff member attend the event?
- In addition to this being an overall great cause which helps plenty of children locally, this year we are trying to stress the importance of University of Maryland culture at our event. In order to achieve this goal, we feel that there is no better place to start than having the faculty and staff students see every day at our event.
- All faculty members who raise $100 will receive an official Terp Thon t-shirt and a lite meal at the event
- This is also a fun event which you can attend with your co-workers while helping a great local cause.
What other activities are there throughout the year?
- This year we have had hosted several events which Faculty and Staff were invited to which included a ducky dash down the McKeldin Fountain and a guest speaker event featuring Jaiwen Hsu, a 12 year old boy who was helped by Children's National Medical Center.
- Whenever we have future programs, we will be sure to invite all faculty and staff members as well as their families to attend these events.
- Make sure to check the homepage of the website for any new events!
If you have any questions about upcoming events or how to become involved please contact our Community Relations Chair, Sarah Pontius, at firstname.lastname@example.org