Miracle Maker - $240
A miracle maker is any dancer who raises $240!
$240 means that you have raised $20 for every hour you are dancing!
$240 it also buys the following things for our hospital:
- 200 specialized pacifiers for babies in our NICU so that they can be soothed by a pacifier and still use the oxygen tubes they need
- 400 preemie diapers for babies in our NICU- these diapers are extra small so that the babies' legs can fit properly and continue to grow correctly so they will later be able to walk and run normally
- 16 meal tickets for families who can't afford to eat in the cafeteria while they are staying here with their child
- 2 nights in a hotel room for a family who traveled a long distance to come to the hospital and need a place to stay
- 40 packs of Uno cards to entertain the kids that are stuck in their rooms (Uno is the most popular game in the hospital)
- 4 months of a wireless card for a parent's laptop so that they can work from the hospital while their child is being treated here.
- 48 packages of toiletries (shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc.) for families whose children are unexpectedly admitted to the hospital, and they need basics to get by for a day or two.
- 12 "Be the Boss of Your Body Kits" used by the Child Life Department to teach children how to manage stress and pain with interactive items
- 26 "Be the Boss of Your Pain Book for Kids" used by the Child Life Department to help teach kids pain management techniques
- 221 Smiley Face Squeeze Balls used by the Child Life Department to teach relaxation techniques to children who are anxious about treatment
- 221 Metallic PinWheels used by the Child Life Department to encourage blowing and deep breathing, help distract children during procedures
- 20 Fisher Price Play Medical Kits used by the Child Life Department to allow kids to play and work through feelings about hospital experience